Translate

DEOLA

DEOLA

Monday, June 10, 2013

CHILDHOOD ESSENCE!!!

Nigeria for me;
Shoulda been a home;
Home sweet home;
My heart often turns home;
I remember my childhood; 
I miss my friends;
I miss my cousins;
Miss the air full of sunlight;
Miss tropical rain;
Miss the harmattan;
Nature always at peace;
Without volcano;
Without tornado;
Miss the flag;
Its ever green-n- white;
Wonderland of groundnut;
Scenery of cocoa vegetation;
Shrubs of coffee and oil palms;
How sweet it shoulda been?
To be among my people;
Eating amala with:
Gbegiri and ewedudu;
Edikankon mix with ugba;
Gulping down with Guilder;
The real ultimate beer!
Under dongoyaro tree;
While Oliver de Coque;
Shunts out his guitar;
And his song:
“Mbiri o, mbiri kabiri”
(Live and let live);
Hah, liberty!
No snooping!
Even, the cops do!
My Yoruba kins yapping:
Humorous ngbati, ngbati;
"Ba ha yan" of hausa friends;
The greetings from Ibo friends:
Robison Atabule-
Men atabulestic Robin Osa!
"Igbo kwenu!"
“Una, kedu kodu!
Miss ya Benard Udeh;
Berekete show!
How’s Mr. Go-slow;
Bonneh and Osepataki?
Miss ya Segun Esho;
Esho mi Pataki;
Ijesa mesiogo, Osomaalo;
Omo Owa Obokun!
Miss ya Tony Bello;
Tony de memke!
U mosi teu;
Mo ki e lede Akunnu!
Miss ya Sunny Ojo;
Gulu Gulustique!
Miss love in diversity;
That which God;
Had joined together;
But, being put asunder;
By the very men;
Who we’d laid our hearts;
Yes, by the very men;
Who we’d shed our bloods;
The politicians!
The wolves in sheep’s clothes!
They offer us stones for bread!
==DEOLA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *